Who's a smug girl today???

Today was a rotten day, for a variety of reasons. I was exhausted mentally and physically, I was dealing with stress at work and at home, and I had to miss a dental appointment that will now have to be postponed a week (leaving me still unable to wear my permanent partial denture, almost two years after my extraction surgery). Several times during the day I was frazzled, hungry, and without any easy food options for South Beach. It would have been a perfect day to give in to my emotional eating urges; I didn't.

Smug by Phil Whitehouse, on Flickr

In the face of all of the craziness, I chose to order a half salad and soup combination to go from a nearby restaurant that I then put in a cooler bag to be consumed after my physical therapy appointment, once I got to work. Am I feeling a little smug? Yes, just a little.

Six days of South Beach Phase 1 down, eight more to go. I have more energy, I feel lighter, and my blood sugar readings are heading in the right direction. (They're all well within the conventionally-acceptable ranges for diabetics but my first-thing-in-the-morning readings are just a hair above my own personal goals. I'm narrowing in on a cause for the morning highs using my meter readings and my food journal to correlate what food groups seem to cause the rise and which do not.)

Comments

That Girl said…
If you made it through today, you can make it through any day!

Popular Posts